12.20.2009

Day 11...another little thing you might not know about Angie...



So, yesterday kinda got away from me. I apologize for this being posted late, but it actually was taken yesterday morning! And, I promise, there will be another one uploaded today...I'm not trying to skip out!

Anyway, for those of you who don't know...I dabble around with the guitar. I used to play pretty regularly, but I kinda gave it up, and then I sold my old guitar. But, lately I've been feeling like God is giving me back all the things that I abandoned to do His work--things that I love and that bring me peace--including the guitar. In fact, He blessed me with this guitar through two amazing people that simply GAVE it to me for free (one of whom has dibs on being my photography assistant when I blow up!) So, I'm trying to get back to where I was skill-wise, but it takes time...and right now, so does this photography project! But, I'm learning, and after just a few days of practice I've almost got my first goal song down: Lauryn Hill, "Tell Him".

Okay, enough about me. Technically, these shots came out of me being lazy and not having long enough cords for my lighting! I was turned the other way, with the guitar into the light, taking shots from the bottom of the guitar up. I wanted to take one from the neck of the guitar down, so I turned around and tried to move my lamps to the other side but the cords were to short! Not feeling like unplugging them and moving them to a different outlet, I took one shot like this just to see if the angle worked at all--and the lighting was so much more amazing! Lesson of the day--REALLY play around with everything, and count nothing out until you see at least one picture from that angle/with that lighting/of that object/etc. Here's another one just for you to check out!



No comments:

Post a Comment