12.18.2009

Day 10!!! Wow!



So, in the middle of trying to get this picture...in the snow...while it's in the 30s, and my whole body is numb...I had this brief thought, WHY didn't I give myself this assignment in the summertime?? When it's warm!!?!? Then, I snapped back to reality. If I was doing this in the summer, in NC, all I would have is a bunch of pictures of me sweating profusely, with big huge humid afro hair. No good. So, I'll brave the cold for these shots!

I found this amazing red garage the other day when I was exploring downtown Raleigh. I knew I had the perfect coat to contrast with it! Just to give you an idea of how to get a good shot...first, find an awesome location, then play around with perspectives. At first, I was taking shots like this:



Then, I started playing with different angles and got this:



and this:



MUCH cooler! all from a change in perspective! So, go low, go high, go close, back wayyyyy up...just play! It'll be much easier when you aren't taking pictures of yourself, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment