12.16.2009

Day 8--Stupid Winter Darkness!!



So, today, I came up with this GREAT idea for a self-portrait. In fact, this idea might be my favorite one of the entire project to date. And, after I got off work to drive to the location, I got stuck in traffic and watched the sun sink, sink, sink...gone. There I am, mad, stuck in traffic for NO reason now. So, instead of that picture, you get this one! (I'm gonna get the shot I wanted tomorrow though!) Ordinarily, I would probably like this picture, but since I have such a GREAT idea in my head, I'm not really looking at this one very objectively.  I actually took this a few nights ago. I had already taken my picture for the day and I looked out my window and noticed that it had gotten extremely foggy. The street lights looked so great that I ventured BACK out to take this picture, fully knowing that one of these days I wouldn't have enough time to take a picture and I'd need to use it! This is a nighttime picture, so the exposure time had to be pretty long in order to get all the detail in...13 seconds to be exact. I had to hold very very still for those 13 seconds (after sprinting across the parking lot to beat the self-timer and get into my pose!) I also decided to play around with the long exposure times, so you can have a bonus picture today!



Yup, that's me, twice! And no, I didn't use photoshop with this picture at all. I upped my exposure time to 25 seconds. Then, I counted to about 12 and moved around the back of the pole very quickly, then sat in the second pose for the remainder of the exposure! Just thought I'd do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment