12.21.2009

Day 13..and I'm on time!

Back on schedule! Today, again, the winter darkness got to me too soon, and so I had to use my backup, indoor plan. I had a cool outdoor shoot planned but it didn't work out. Now, normally, if I'm shooting indoors and have to use artificial lighting, I generally plan on making those photos be in black and white, because the artificial lighting changes the coloring of your photograph. However, the colors in today's photo were just too good to pass up.

For background info, I'm a major bookworm. Right now, because of my very full plate of things-to-do, it seems as though I'm more of a book collector than a book reader, but someday I'm convinced that I'll actually have time to read them ALL. So, with that being said, here's today's shot!



And here's the runner-up:




Now, I'd just like to vent for a second. Can we just talk about how HARD it is to do self-portraits? I promise you, any pictures of someone else will not only take way less time, but they'll probably be way better too. It takes at least 30 seconds to one minute per shot, but when you are shooting someone else, you can pretty much shoot continuously. That makes it easy to change poses slightly, facial expressions, etc. With self-portraits, you have to completely get out of your pose to go mess with the camera and do it all over again. It's very hard to just FLOW! I can't wait until I can take pics of OTHER people again! I will be SUPER amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment